Consumer product Warranty
Clean Portable Power Pty Ltd (CPP) provides the following warranty in relation to Ecoflow products.
CPP & Ecoflow
Clean Portable Power Pty Ltd. is an authorised distributor of EcoFlow products and also conducts Repairs for EcoFlow products. EcoFlow offer a manufacturer's warranty on products and in the first instance the customer should contact support@ecoflow with any warranty enquiries
Company Contact Details
Clean Portable Power Pty Ltd Australia Unit 8 13-15 Burns Rd Heathcote 2233
General Terms and Conditions
The Australian Competition and Consumer Act guarantees certain conditions, undertakings and warranties in relation to the quality and fit for purpose of products sold in Australia. This statement applies to sales of products that comply with the definition of a consumer sale as defined in the Act:
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- The benefits provided in this warranty are in addition to any other rights and remedies available under Australian state and federal legislation that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. Nothing in this warranty attempts to modify or exclude the conditions and warranties as outlined in the Australian Competition and Consumer
Act and other Australian laws.
- This warranty gives you additional protection and outlines the preferred approach to resolving warranty claims which will be simplest and quickest for all parties – subject to the terms and conditions outlined below.
Standard Manufacturers Warranty
In this Warranty, the term products means all products manufactured by Ecoflow and supplied by CPP.
CPP warrants that the products will be of acceptable quality, free of latent defects, and will perform in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications for the warranty period of 2 Years, with the exception of Solar products and accessories where the warranty period is 1 year. The warranty term commences on the date of product purchase (as per invoice/receipt).
The CPP Warranty is valid for products purchased by consumers in Australia for personal use and not for business, trade or profession. As per Australian Consumer Law if CPP product usage is not for personal, domestic or household use, then CPP will not be responsible or liable for any consequential or incidental expense or loss.
If a defect or fault covered by warranty occurs, CPP will, at its sole discretion, either:
- Repair the product
- Replace the defective components / product
- Provide a refund to the purchaser
CPP reserves the right to replace the product or defective part of the product with a product or parts of similar or better quality or specification where an identical product or component is not available. products requiring repair may be replaced with refurbished components of the same type rather than being repaired.
Any replaced products or components become the property of CPP. Replacement of the product or a part does not extend or restart the warranty term. This warranty covers the original purchaser only and is not transferable if the product is on-sold by the original purchaser. The sale by a party that is not an authorised reseller or distributor will be regarded as resupply and will result in the warranty being voided. In particular, the sale of a product via an online auction, online store or other internet website by a party that is not an authorised distributor or reseller of the product will be deemed to be a resupply within the meaning of the Australian Consumer Law and will render this Warranty void, as CPP has no control over the storage, handling, quality or safety of products sold by such persons.
A Purchaser shall only be entitled to the benefit of this Warranty after all amounts owing in respect of the product have been paid. While CPP warrants that the products will be free from defects in materials and workmanship in the circumstances set out in this Warranty, to the maximum extent permitted by law CPP does not warrant that the operation of the products will be uninterrupted or error-free.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, the CPP determination of the existence of any defect and the cause of any defect will be conclusive. The agents, officers and employees of any distributor or reseller of the products and of CPP are not authorised to vary or extend the terms of this Warranty
CPP shall not be responsible or liable to the Customer or any third party in connection with any non-performance or delay in performance of any terms and conditions of this Warranty, due to acts of God, war, riots, strikes, warlike conditions, plague or other epidemic, fire, flood, blizzard, hurricane, changes of public policies, terrorism and other events which are beyond the control of CPP. In such circumstances, CPP may suspend performance of this Warranty without liability for the period of the delay reasonably attributable to such causes.
If a clause or part of a clause in this Warranty can be read in a way that makes it illegal, unenforceable or invalid, but can also be read in a way that makes it legal, enforceable and valid, it must be read in the latter way. If any clause or part of a clause in this Warranty is illegal, unenforceable or invalid, that clause or part is to be treated as removed from this Warranty, but the rest of this Warranty is not affected. Warranty service will be provided within Australia only.
To Make a Claim
If you consider that the product which you have purchased is not of acceptable quality, has a latent defect, or is not compliant with the conditions, undertakings and legal rights given you under Australian
Law, you can make a claim under warranty. If you wish to make a claim you will need to register your claim by:
- Contacting the Ecoflow head office on Support@ecoflow.com or
- Writing to Clean Portable Power Pty Ltd Australia Unit 8 13-15 Burns Rd Heathcote 2233
Please note you will be required to present the following information so that CPP can assess the claim:
- Proof of purchase of the original receipt – showing clearly the date and place of purchase
- Serial number of the product
- Written Details of the fault/defect
- Evidence supporting the claim, for example - a short Video or Photographs can be helpful to explain the issue
After this information is received an initial assessment will be made and if accepted, a CPP Warranty Claim ID number will be issued. You will then be directed to return the product to CPP head office at Unit 8 13-15 Burns Rd Heathcote 2233. Any expense and risk to transport the product to the CPP head office will be borne by you. CPP may seek reimbursement of costs incurred by CPP, if the product is found to be in good working order, including return transportation charges. The product will only be returned upon receipt of the amount charged.
CPP will not accept any product returned without prior knowledge and approval.
Exclusions and limitations
CPP has the right to reject any warranty claim, without limiting any other clauses in the warranty where:
- The warranty claim is not made within the warranty period.
- The warranty claim is not made within 4 weeks of when the fault or defect was first identified.
- Evidence that the use of the product was not ceased immediately upon identification of the fault or defect.
- The serial number has been removed, damaged or made illegible
- Proof of purchase documentation is not provided.
- Non-observance of any of the instructions supplied by Ecoflow or CPP, including
- instructions concerning installation, configuring, connecting, commissioning, use or application of the product, including without limitation choice of location.
- Failure to ensure proper maintenance of the product strictly in accordance with CPP instructions or failure to ensure proper maintenance of any associated equipment or machinery;
- Evidence that the external cover has been removed or evidence of access to the internal electronics, repair, modifications or other work carried out by persons other than authorised Ecoflow pr CPP Service Technicians.
- Evidence of improper installation repair or attempted repair of the product by anyone other than an authorised CPP representative shall void this warranty.
- Incorrect operation or not following the operating instructions – as stated in the Australian User Manual supplied with Australian sold Ecoflow products.
- Use other than for any reasonable purpose for which the product was manufactured.
- Normal or accelerated deterioration in the electrical qualities due to operating, environmental or application conditions.
- If the product is used for an application that requires higher power or a greater reserve rating than the product is designed to deliver as specified by the manufacturer, or the product is otherwise used in applications for which it was not designed.
- Misuse or abusive use including; physical damage, accident, misuse, abuse, negligence, vandalism, alteration or modification.
- For normal wear and tear, exposure to fire, water or liquid spillage, theft, damage caused by vermin or insect infestations.
- Damage caused by adverse external conditions such as power surges
& dips, thunderstorm activity, power failure, electrical spikes or surges, lightning, flood, storm, hail, extreme heat, fire, acts of God, terrorism or other occurrence outside the control of CPP.
- Exposure to excessive heat or moisture or abnormally corrosive conditions.
- WARNING – Do NOT use any type of oil, organic solvent, alcohol, detergent, strong acids, strong alkalis, petroleum-based solvent or ammonia solution to clean the product. These materials may cause permanent damage to the product and will void the warranty.
- The product was used for commercial/business purposes.
- Any indirect or incidental damage of whatever nature outside the control of CPP.
- For Ecoflow products sold by CPP that contain batteries it is essential to note that:
- A battery can deliver only a fixed number of usable cycles / amp-hours over its lifetime and is considered to have reached its normal end of life if the application uses up all of these cycles/ amp-hours, regardless of the time the battery has been in service. Therefore CPP reserves the right to deny a warranty claim if it determines the battery to be at its normal end of life, even if the claim is lodged within the applicable warranty period.
- The battery is pre-programmed by Ecoflow to suit the battery configuration. Any changes that are made to the pre-configuration programming will void the warranty for the product
- Batteries replaced under the warranty provisions will be shipped with a replacement warranty sticker and carry only the remainder of the original Applicable Warranty Period.
- The battery has a self-discharge rate of approximately 2.5% per month @ 25°C. . It is the responsibility of the end user to maintain the battery in a charged state. The battery should not be left for more than 30 days without checking its charge state. CPP recommends that a battery left in a “storage state” should be checked and charged every 60 days to maintain maximum life expectancy of the battery. Failure to follow these requirements may see an early failure of the battery which is not covered under warranty.
- Prolonged storage of the product in a fully discharged state will void the warranty.
- Overcharging, undercharging, charging or connecting charging currents in reverse polarity will void the warranty.
- Use of charging sources other than approved in the User Manual will void the warranty as they have not been tested. Non tested charging sources may not have programmable lithium profile configurations and charging voltages and could cause early failure of the battery.